Thursday, April 29, 2010

On the road again

I'll be on the road again. This time, I will be shopping with a couple of friends of mine. We are heading up to Wimberley tomorrow.

In my last post, I said that no self-respecting junker could go shopping without a tricked-out shopping cart. Well, I closed my eyes and made my first cut in the vintage tablecloth (it's okay, it had a couple of holes in it). I took one of those plastic tablecloths, cut it to size, then sewed my vintage one directly to the back of it.

I attached a carpenter's apron to the back of the cart for drinks and snacks. I picked this one up at the ARK sale last weekend. They sell them at Lowe's, etc for under $1. I think all I need now is my sunscreen, some $$, and some comfortable shoes . . .

Beyond The Picket Fence


4 comments:

Mindy said...

You are ready! That cart is ready for a load now. Happy Shopping! ~Mindy

Anne Lorys said...

That cart liner looks awesome!
The drink holder thing is genius, too.

Great job!

Have a wonderful Friday!
Anne

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

What an adorable cart liner. Have fun shopping! Thanks so much for linking up to my Under $100 party.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

You are SO smart!! Love the cart...I am going to have to borrow this idea!
Smiles, Karen