Friday, October 2, 2009

Marburger Farm


I was walking around the Marburger Farm Antique Show with my eyes wide open and my mouth agape. I was like a kid in a candy store. The show is in Round Top, Texas and features something like 400 vendors from all over creation. There is tent after tent and building after building to explore.
Marburger is where you go to see the best of the best.



Magnolia Pearl takes you to some other time. lts creator is Robin Pearl Brown. She grew up in California to an artistic father and a gypsy mother. She now lives in Bandera. I'm sure that she got to Texas just as fast as she could.

This year's Victorian fairy wear is stunning!!


I stopped by Janet Waldrop's booth. She is a certified jeweler who does wonderful vintage jewelry using vintage found objects for her Skip to My Lou shop. All of her pieces are displayed on old cabinet cards.


Michelle's Vintage Girl booth was absolutely darling. She has a love affair with rust, chippy paint and time worn objects. Her items make you want to invite all your girlfriends over for a tea party. Her use of color is so very appealing.

These pieces were made from industrial parts. Some of these used to be old propane tanks. I like them in their second life. Very creative.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Am I the first to comment??? No way!

I'm just green with envy that you got to go to Round Top! The booths that you show are just the most inspiring, gorgeous things!!! Did you buy anything?

Cindy said...

You got some great pics! I was so slack-jawed and in awe...forgot I had a camera in my hand. LOL. It was fun was'nt it? Robin's booth was ultra cool! :D

-c
yapping cat

Scarlett Fiona Reed said...

Great photos! I always find most of my purchases are from warrenton as well, but shhh, don't tell anyone :) I loved the Magnolia Pearl booth. I pretty much spend every dime on my shop so I couldn't buy anything, but they all looked so cute! Glad I found your blog through Mindys.