Monday, August 30, 2010

Granny green

I go through LOTS of paint, so I love to hit the "mis-tints" ailse at WalMart and Lowe's. It's good paint, it just didn't turn out to be the shade that the previous customer was looking for. At half-off, it is often the perfect shade for me!! This time, I found some good ole granny green exterior paint. I hadn't thought to call this color Granny Green until I ran into a woman in Bastrop that referred to it that way.

Let me tell you, the shop hasn't cooled off one bit. The cool fronts haven't made it anywhere near this far south. These birdhouses are going into one of the shops in Corpus tomorrow. I guess it's real sweat equity.

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Love the birdhouses! Smart way to buy paint too!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Thanks for visiting. I love your birdhouses. So cute!! Love & blessings from NC!

Sole said...

I LOVE the granny green paint!! Such a fun color :) And the bird houses are so pretty!

blessings,
Sole

Anonymous said...

so funny! I've always called this colour (that my grandma used to paint EVERYTHING) 'granny green' too!