Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Door panels repurposed

When I bought the door, I was planning to make a hall tree out of it. Unfortunately, it didn't survive the trip home. In case you are ever hauling several doors, take my advice - do not stack the doors. The ones on the bottom stand a good chance of getting broken. The constant bumps just pounded and pounded away.

Since I deal in salvaged materials, I am accustomed to looking at junk vintage treasures in a different way. I banged the door apart the rest of the way and pulled out the panels. I put all the pieces in the shop for another day. Well today was another day. The panels spoke to me and here is what they said:

LOL. They both said that they wanted to be coat racks. Didn't you hear it too?


Beyond The Picket Fence

5 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Cool ideas!

Unknown said...

Awesome outcome, regardless of the unforseen damage! Love the panels repurposed. Tiffany

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Oh, I hear it! Furniture talks to me constantly...except for a certain chest of drawers that's been sitting in my garage for 3 months. What's up with that??

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You are the cleaver one. They turned out great. Hope you are having a great week, T

Restore and Renew said...

Great idea, thanks for the tip on measuring.
I am a new follower.