Friday, August 28, 2009

19th Century Thrift Store Find

I braved 100 degree temperatures to wait outside until the Amistad Thrift store opened this afternoon. It was only 5 minutes, but when you're talking 100 degrees, standing outside for that long is tough!
They put all of the new stuff right by the door where their counter is. Well, I snapped this baby up as I walked by to see what might be in the showcase. When I had a chance, I turned it over and looked at the bottom for any telltale markings. I didn't know what any of them meant, but I looked anyway. LOL.
Imagine my delight when I got home and looked up the symbol on the bottom of this piece. Their website says that his piece was manufactured in England between 1883 and 1889. It doesn't have any chips, either! I have no idea what it is worth, but I bet it's more than what I paid for it.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a great find! I love thrift stores!

Lori said...

wow Wow WOW what a find...surely worth a little sweating i would say!!! hooray for you:)

Kim said...

That is amazing! What did you pay for it? I'm sure that you got a bargain.