Sunday, February 19, 2017

Broken chair? No problem

It has been a really long time since I have posted on this blog.  For the life of me I couldn't remember how to do it .  I tried again and here I am!
A while back, I bought a chair from a church rummage sale.  It was only 4 bucks and it was one of those pretty embossed chairs. I planned on painting it and adding a cool quote to the seat, using my Cricut.

After I got it home, I discovered that the spindles had become loose and someone attempted to repair it with a brad nailer. There was really no hope for it in its present state. Dismantling it was about all that I could do with it.

Sometimes, Plan B is better.

I took a mallet to it and dismantled it. I am going to be able to make all kinds of totes and things with the pieces. At first, I had no idea what I could do with the chair seat. It was wonderful, thick lumber. Turns out, it wanted to be a cross.  Of course, my Cricut had to be employed. LOL

No comments: