Saturday, August 16, 2008

Best 10 bucks I ever spent!

I am still doing my *happy dance*. I went junkin' this morning and I spotted this leaning against the house. The first thing I noticed was the $10 price tag. Let me tell you - it really got my attention. I thought I was seeing things at first. She said that it had *problems*. She said that one of the legs was shorter than the rest. I decided that my handy husband would just have to take care of that little detail. I looked the rest over and knew this baby was going home with me. At that point I really didn't have any clue how I was going to get it home as it certainly wasn't going to fit in my car. We have a huge truck, but I'm afraid to drive it and my husband was at work.


My neighbor's son ended up rescuing me. When we loaded it in truck, I discovered the problem with the leg. You'll never believe it . . .


. . . it was just missing one of its wheels!!

I was already aware that it was also missing the hardware and mirror, but for $10 you just can't be that picky!!!

7 comments:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

OH. MY. GOSH.
What an incredible buy!
It's GORGEOUS!
Becky
PS. If you look at the update to my post from yesterday, you may notice something familiar beside Sarah's bed in her dorm room.
She LOVES your work! And was so touched by it!
It really is perfect.
Thanks again!

Linda Summerfield said...

She scores!!!!!!!!

Attic Clutter said...

Unbelievable $10 wowwowowowow what a find..LOVE it..!!!
Teresa the salmon marinated and tossed on the grill sounds good (:) I like it BBQ'd too but haven't gotten that sauce sounds great , thanks for your great tips..
Hugs, Patty

Anonymous said...

OMG !!!!
Are you ever lucky I can't believe it!!! Good for you!!!
Diane

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

WOW - for $10.00 that's a STEAL! great find!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

that has to be one of the all time best bargains ever!

Melissa Valeriote said...

Now that has to be the deal of the century! What fun to fix it up and add some display items.