Saturday, July 12, 2008

Road Trip

My husband and I just returned from a buying trip last night. We drove over 2,000 miles through Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. It was nice to see my old house again. The house looks a bit "tired" now. It's located just off of the historic Route 66. In fact, the doctor's office where I was born is actually on Route 66. My Dad got a job closer to Oklahoma City so they sold the house. After the people who bought it sold it, my grandparents ended up buying it so it was their home for awhile, too. It had a huge, deep lot and my grandparents had a wonderful garden where they grew gigantic blackberries, tomatoes, green beans - you name it. We slept upstairs in the guest room. The staircase was just off of the kitchen so we would wake up to the smell of frying bacon wafting up. What a wonderful way to wake up!

No comments: